Remedies and equipment are medical devices that are used by the insured patients themselves or by a non-professional involved in the examination or treatment. The List of Remedies and Equipment (MiGeL) defines which device groups are covered by compulsory health insurance (OKP) and at what maximum reimbursement amounts (HVB). This positive list comprises around 20 groups of medical devices that refer to more than 55,000 articles – from infusion pumps, inhalers and measuring devices to incontinence aids and dressings. To ensure high-quality and efficient self-care, it is important to maintain cost coverage of remedies and equipment with the maximum reimbursement amounts (HVB) and to guarantee patient access to these devices and their additional benefits.
Who we are
The expert group List of Remedies and Equipment (MiGeL) brings together members of Swiss Medtech who provide MiGeL devices. It focuses on activities that promote a needs-based design of the MiGeL.
Who can participate
Employees of Swiss Medtech member companies, especially manufacturers and dealers of consumables, who wish to promote a needs-based design of the MiGeL.
- Strengthening freedom of choice for customers
- Promoting quality of self-care
- Securing speedy access to innovation for patients
- Guaranteeing maximum reimbursement amounts that cover the costs of storage, advice, training and services at local costs
- Composing position papers and statements on helping to shape the political decision-making process
- Involving experts from the member companies in the MiGeL revision process at the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
- Representing the Association in the Federal Commission for Analyses, Products and Devices (EAMGK)