Orthopedics is a medical branch of surgery that deals with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. These include disorders affecting the bones, joints, muscles or tendons. Orthopedics is run by specialists in orthopedics and trauma surgery. In contrast, compression with compression bandages and medical compression stockings is used to treat and prevent venous and lymphatic disorders and diseases. The increasing regulations as well as the growing price and cost pressure pose challenges to the manufacturers and providers of orthopedic aids and compression aids.
Who we are
The section Orthopedics and Compression comprises member companies of Swiss Medtech that develop, produce or distribute aids from the fields of orthopedic technology and compression (prostheses, orthoses, bandages, compression aids). It focuses on effective and coordinated representation of common interests.
Who can participate
Employees of Swiss Medtech member companies in the field of Orthopedics and Compression.
- Ensuring adequate care with orthopedic aids and compression aids
- Helping to shape the framework conditions (market access, quality standards, fair and performance-related reimbursement, requirements for dispensing points, authorisations, innovations, etc.)
- Promoting cooperation with service providers, payers, authorities, patient organisations
- Promoting training and continuing education
- Revising MiGeL in the working groups of compression therapy (17) and bandages/orthoses (05/23)
Participating in tariff agreements
- Clarifications for setting up a database of aids in cooperation with the payers
- Clarifications for setting up international cooperation in the field of innovation and international standards with EUROCOM (European Manufacturers Federation for Compression Therapy and Orthopedic Devices)
- Representing the members’ interests to the associations Ortho Reha Suisse (ORS), Fuss und Schuh (OSM), Pharmasuisse et SGOT, as well as to the authorities (BSV, MTK, ZMT) and payers (IV, SUVA, MV, health insurance companies)
ICHI GmbH, Burgdorf