Disinfectants contain active substances that inhibit or kill microorganisms. Healthy individuals have immune systems that offer protection against most microorganisms, while sick people have a weakened immune system. The medical technology industry and its effective disinfectants make an important contribution in preventing infections and the development and spread of resistant pathogens in hospitals, medical practices, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities. This prevents a lot of suffering and also saves costs – after all, infections can cause serious or even life-threatening diseases. Infections also result in considerable economic costs by extending the recovery time of patients and delaying their return to work.
Who we are
The section Disinfectants brings together members of Swiss Medtech that manufacture disinfectants or distribute them exclusively in Switzerland. It focuses on effective and coordinated representation of common interests. The section’s activities are limited to the field of human medicine – as opposed to the non-medical (e.g. foodstuffs) and non-human (e.g. veterinary medicine) areas of application of disinfectants.
Who can participate
Employees of Swiss Medtech member companies who manufacture disinfectants or distribute them exclusively in Switzerland. The members of the section should either have a direct market link and expertise on antiseptics and disinfectants or be able to incorporate regulatory know-how. Five years of related experience and a position in middle management or as a specialist are desirable.
- Demonstrating the medical and economic benefit of disinfectants and the importance of targeted skin, hand, surface and instrument disinfection to prevent nosocomial infections
- Promoting optimum use of disinfectants by the user through appropriate support (guaranteed directions for use)
- Representing interests effectively, for example, by sitting on and participating in relevant committees and negotiating bodies of the federal government
- Market observation: Collecting market figures (qualities, quantities, use and applications in defined market segments, price trends and other indicators) for identifying market trends
- Exchange of knowledge and experience: Exchanging information and collaborating with professional associations and partner organisations (awareness, identifying trends, educational work, continuing education) in order to improve patient protection
- Representing interests: Positioning and publicising the section as a point of contact for related key players and effectively influencing the regulatory framework conditions
Heartbase Zürich AG